Thursday, September 2, 2010

Stereogum’s 40 Best New Bands Of 2010

Stereogum put out a list yesterday that I think people need to take advantage of. They did a lot of leg work and digging to compile this list of up-and-comers from 2010. Peep it on their site, here. You will probably recognize some bands that I have covered on this blog and I have a feeling I will be covering more of these guys in the near future so brush up.

Admittedly, I have not been exposed to several of these bands and I could see how someone could be overwhelmed by such a list. I recommend you read the brief descriptions and see if it sounds like something you would appreciate. Then check the track underneath the verbage. This truly is the year of bedroom pop and programming so there are a lot of Lo-Fi/downtempo recordings in there, just an FYI. (See the comments section below the post to see how contentious this trend in music really is. Haters gonna hate!)

Oh, and they even went ahead and compiled all the tracks (one from each new act) at the bottom of the post in two .zip files that you can download for free. These cats are doing my work for me, getting the new-new to you ASAP.

Make sure you check out the tracks from: Balam Acab, Baths, Braids, Candy Claws, ceo, Cults, DOM, Frankie Rose And The Outs, Givers, Gold Panda, Twin Sister, WU LYF and Zola Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment