Thursday, October 21, 2010

Duder

Young cat out of Jacksonville, unouomedude (you-know-you-owe-me-dude), has been killing it lately on the Chillwave tip. Mixes, remixes, singles, early material and his debut EP, Marsh, are all available for free on his website, here. Or you can slide on over to Bandcamp, where you can stream the album or name your price to own the material and support Uno.

Jangly, watery sounds accompanied by cooing background vocals kick off the EP on Dream Home. On my favorite track, Island Summer, breezy, tropical sounds underlie the softly sung vocal melody which seems to convey sentimental longing for days past. Buildings is a more upbeat tune with some doo-wop-like backing vocals. Peep the video below.

  Dream Home by unouomedude  

  Island Summer by unouomedude

2 comments:

  1. I dig unouomedude know you dont owe me nuthin dood, my fairwell party was a blazt out the ass, that was the lazt time i saw you, I'll holla when I get back in town

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you dig Joey. Oh, dude that party was ridiculous!!! Can't wait to see ya man!

    ReplyDelete